Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Morning

Oh my head! Too much vodka!... actually, a couple of cigarettes, a few coffees and a walk around to the shops and I feel fine. A little seedy, but nothing some muesli won’t fix.

I live with a couple of pill poppers – I’m not inclined, generally – so it was valium washed down with the vodka. I, usually, don’t feel any effect from downers, they have never worked on me, particularly, but, last night, when I got up to head to the kitchen, I was having trouble putting two feet in front of the other. It was very funny, we all laughed, as I swerved sideways, almost, into the wall. I reckon I should be feeling worse, but I feel, kind of, fine.

Shane, and I, woke up on the couch at 4am, fire dead, TV on. Yes, a good look, crumpled in our inebriation. I reached for, what I thought was water, with sleep eyes, only to take another gulp of vodka. Oh, I thought. I should of realised when the lemon hit me in the nose, before the flavour wrapped itself around my taste buds.

The sun was shining, earlier this morning, when I ventured to the shop, but as I was sitting outside smoking, it clouded over and my feet froze like two small ice blocks. I think, maybe, it is now a day to light the fire and stay indoors. The sky is a deep grey and it looks like it is going to rain. Yay! Great! Yes, I know, we need the rain. Blah, blah, blah! Bring it on, I’ve got thick socks to pull over my cold toes.


No comments: