Thursday, September 04, 2008

Not As Lovely As Yesterday

Thursday morning and grey skies and no sunshine. It was beautiful yesterday, a day I barely went out into. Blue skies, sunshine.

I actually have to go and do something, goodness me. I have to take my mum to the dentist. It's a new dentist, for her. "Oh darling, can you just come and drive me the first time," said Lottie. "I'll be fine, after that, when I go next."

I slept in, not up at my usual 8am, got to rush now. I'm still feeling like my times not my own and that I, really, should be doing something. Funny. I guess it takes a little while longer, yet.

Mark called last night and said, "Can you please come up and give me a hand?" There's a function on this weekend, at which I am working - ah, back to work, the work I want to, actually, go to.

Mark gets behind, panics and then does everything at full speed to get the job completed. He's'e exhausted by the end. His time management skills could do with a little honing, I guess that is the legacy of always working for himself.

Mark's always been able to do as he pleases. I'm just getting used to it.

It still feels like it is going to stop and somebody is going to take it away from me. Anyway, I was just about to leave, when the door bell sounded. Bring!

Max just came around for the money for the weekend. "No rest for the wicked," he said. He flashed his trademark smile.

"So, what did you do over the weekend?" I asked, more out of politeness than interest. "I didn't see you out."

"Nah, didn't go any where," said Max. "I need to up my wickedness, just a bit." He looked away. "But, when I deal with everyone's um, shall we say requirements, all week, sometimes I just don't feel much like partying with them, after that." He looked back. "I partied with Scott. Just me and him. Low key, you know." Then he hoped into his double-parked SRI, it looked like a new one, and left.

Okay... I would have liked the sun shining and the skies blue, thank you universe. And it to be half an hour ago. However... gotta go... I've done my usual trick of calculating my leaving home time and arriving time, at Lotties, with no travelling time structured in. It doesn't matter with friends for dinner, but this is a fucking appointment. Go to really fucking go!

And then... crampy pain. Oh, what? Why? Stronger crampy pain. What? No! What day are we on? Really strong crampy pain. OH! NO! NO! Not now. I rush to the toilet. Diarrhoea! A river of brown... well, you know what it is. There's a thing. I always get it, roughly three days afterwards. It's pretty normal, even if it's timing is really rather way off.


3 comments:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal

FletcherBeaver said...

Thanks. Hugs back

Bold oy! said...

Let me join the fan club!

I've been reading through to here from the end and your writing is at its best since you got your tree time.