Sunday, May 24, 2009

Here We Go Again

Okay, I'm on the drugs to quit smoking. Champix, 3rd day. Quitting happy pills, so they tell me. I don't have to stop until day 8 to 14, but cigarettes are already tasting funny. I want to stop now, but, I guess, I should stick with the program.

Ah! Hands in the air. Will I ever be able to quit this stupid habit? Sometimes it just feels as though it has got me, never to let go.

I'm in the country, good place to give up city vices, hey. The sun, the sky, the fresh air on my face, the sense of freedom in the space that opens up around me. It's nice to chill somewhere where the trees out number the people (and the cars). I've been writing my novel, all day yesterday, I got quite a lot done. Peace and quiet and a nice, light filled room. I've even got the rest of it some what planned out in my head. Novels are the way to go, according to the girls in my writing group, so here I am, 2 chapters down. But, I've been par-taking of a bit of the green, only on weekends, but... I've been writing none the less. 


No comments: