Sunday, May 17, 2009

Around and Around and Around...

I used to want to change the world. Now, I just want to point and laugh, with good friends, as I watch the world caught up in its own arrogance.

Growth at all costs. Increased wealth for all. Well, for everyone with white skin, certainly.

I used to want to change the world. Now, I just want to point and laugh, at the women who drive their 1.5 children to school in huge 4WDs, all the time espousing green credentials.

Your children will inherit the earth you leave behind, biatches.

I used to want to change the world. Now, I just want to point and giggle, with some good mates, as the world collectively cringes whenever sex is mentioned, all the time using it to sell everything under the sun.

Of course, everyone is married and monogamous with children.

I used to want to change the world, but now I just want to point and laugh at western society eating itself to death.

While the other half of the world starves.

I used to want to change the world, but now I just want to laugh at all the politician's lies.

Core truths and lies. Funny that used car salesmen are now more credible.

I used to want to change the world, but now I realise that lawyers have done that irrevocably for us.

There is always someone to sue and always a lawyer with a cheque to collect because of it... and we all pay.

I used to want to change the world, but now I just want to hide my eyes and cringe at the world (read America) selling celebrities as artists.

Some of the biggest grossing movies are still the worst artistically. All the critics say Angels and Demons is rubbish.

I used to want to change the world, but now I just want to watch it wonder why so many of its people are medicating themselves into oblivion.

There is a war on drugs, unless, of course, there is a pharmaceutical company supplying them.

I used to want to change the world, but now I realise it is pointless and, quite possibly, too late.

Carbon emissions are still increasing exponentially, despite all of the yabber.

I used to want to change the world, but now I just want to create my own haven to escape to.

Somewhere in the country with a gate, I think.


No comments: