Saturday, May 30, 2009

Back in Melbourne

It feels like Monday, my week has been all turned around. You see, I went to Bolago on Thursday and came home last night, which would usually be Sunday night. I can't get the Monday feeling out of my head. I've even hopped on one foot with a finger in my ear.

I helped them put the house back together after the new carpet was laid. I was going to stay up there for the weekend, but when Luke told me they had trade arriving, I decided I should get out. They said I didn't have to, but who wants to feel like the extra prick at a three-way.

A female friend, who was up there too, thought it was disgraceful that Mark and Luke would do that to me, after I had worked 10 hours lugging furniture.

"But, I want to leave to give them space."

She shook her head and stroked my face. "But you've worked so hard." I don't think she got it. People are funny.

I regretted the decision halfway home. I should have stayed. I didn't want to come back to Melbourne. I'm not liking the city, at the moment. I don't know if is the traffic problems and the selfish, rude shits who now live here, or if it is because of Mark and Luke's immanent departure to NSW?

I didn't go to my mate Nicholas' birthday either, which was my original plan. I could have, as it turned out, but I was stuffed after dragging a 60 square house worth of furniture around. Besides, it would have been a pill party and I'm trying not to partake, now a days. Drugs were lots of fun when I did them, but I'm, pretty much, over them. Kind of very yesterday for me now.

Shane was home. I lit the fire and we ate soup and watch teev mindlessly. We smoked pot too, a first for Shane for 4 weeks, or so.

Sebastian came over. He smoked pot too, naturally. I had told Shane earlier that Luke is thinking about entering Master Chef next year. Shane, of course told Sebastian Luke’s plan. It literally only took an hour, from me telling Shane, just in passing, as we watched the show, to Shane saying guess what to Sebastian. Luke so hates it when that happens. He hates the grapevine with a passion. He’s never been a city boy and he's still not used to city boy ways. And, it always seems to be me who does it to him. Doh!

We wondered if Luke would be eligible, as he essentially runs his own restaurant.

Now, what to do today? I mustn't play Hearts when I'm supposed to be writing. I wonder how I get that deleted off my computer?

So, Saturday, hey?


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

After all that time off work, it's interesting you still get that Monday feeling! I would have thought every day would feel like a Friday!

FletcherBeaver said...

That's because I usually go to the country on Friday/Saturday and come back Sunday. I don't ever normally come back on Friday night.