Saturday, May 23, 2009

Oops

Apparently, Kane spells his name Kaine. I saw his driver's licence for the first time. His jeans fell off the bed, last night, as he stood there in his blue and white Aussiebums, pulling on his t-shirt. His wallet fell out of the back pocket and the contents fell onto the floor.

"Cute photo," I said. And then, without thinking about it, (Why would I? What does it really matter?) I said, "Hey, you spell your name with an 'i' in it?"

"How long have we known each other?" he asked, mystified, as he took the licence out of my hand. "You didn't know that?" Big eyes.

He seemed to want an answer by the expression on his face, so I simply answered, "No." I wanted to laugh, we haven't known each other for that long, after all, but he seemed genuinely miffed that I didn't know how to spell his name.

"I didn't know that?"

Silence. He's got beautiful, big brown eyes that can capture you. He has a natural pout, the kind, I imagine, he's had ever since he was a little boy. It's kind of endearing.

He shrugged. "Well." Serious face slides away. "We haven't, exactly... I guess," coy smile... "been writing buddies, hey?"

"When I'm, er... um... kissing your lips and grabbing your arse, I'm not, exactly, thinking about how you spell your name, sunshine."

His face flushed red. He tried not to smile, but he did. He flicked me with his socks.

Kaine Marcello Camaretti. I kind of like the Marcello. Before that I, kinda, thought that Kaine Camaretti had too many 'c' or 'k' sounds to it. It sounded a bit too much like he'd have a Luger strapped to his hip. He has a Luger alright, but... The full thing though, good name, huh?

Funny, all those boys out there and it's always the one who makes me laugh who gets my attention. Great hair and legs don't hurt either.


No comments: