Friday, August 07, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

My first day Off. I made it. Yay! Pat on the back for me. First week down. Still breathing, still smiling.

Did I tell you I am working 3 days per week, Tue to Thu. Ho, ho. I don't have to be back at work, or as I like to call it, The Saltmines, for four days. Now, you gotta luv that.

I took my mum out for lunch, to a cafe she likes in the bushy confines of the eastern suburbs. That is, I would have if she could have found it. I guess the promise of wide open spaces should have given it away, when she said something about a view and rolling lawns, or some such thing. Some place she'd eaten with her girlfriends, at some time, some where.

We went for a bit of a drive and we hadn't gone all that far when I realised she didn't know where we were going. Not a clue. So I thought quickly, and gently steered us in the direction of a cafe I once knew in Balwyn, which, luckily enough, was still there. And in the end, mum didn't care, just some place knew got her sitting up and taking notice.


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

I wish I had a three day week. Still, I guess it's important to ease yourself back into it ;-)

FletcherBeaver said...

Yep. Gotta take it nice and easy. Because of the financial crisis, employees at my company have been encouraged to take leave, take time off, reduce hours, etc, so not am I being self indulgent, but it's actually a credit on my work record. Gotta luv that too.