Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Wondered What the Workers Were Doing? Actually, no, I Didn't Think About Anybody Else in True 21st Century Style

I got up early yesterday, 8am. My day off? Hands in the air. See what working 9 to 5 does to your sleep patterns. Fucks them.

Oh, I guess the sun was shining, I suppose the sky was blue, it could have been interpreted as a beautiful day, by some. A nice time to be awake? There is a lovely quality to the morning, fresh, new, which can only be enjoyed when you are not rushing off some where, to earn a buck.

I breathed in the air. I brewed coffee.

I read about the Kokoda Trail deaths and baulked at the suggestion that the Australian Govt should pay to upgrade the facilities in PNG. I don’t want my tax dollars spent on clueless middle class wankers indulging in idiotic nationalistic sentiment. Let’s try spending it on the poor and the needy in Australia first.

I ate a large bowl of muesli. I brewed more coffee. Then I thought, Ah Fuck it! and headed back to the crypt. (fangs extended, my left foot dragging behind me)

I lay in bed for the rest of the day with my lap-top watching Friends, season 3, with Missy, who purred next to me. Tucked up in my doona, eating walnuts and Brazil nuts and dried apricots Yum. I warned Missy she risked asphyxiation if she stayed so close. She gazed at me with slit eyes and a bemused, cat expression, then looked away.

That's what days off are for (sung to the tune of that's what friends are for) after all. Glorious. The daylight drifted in and out from behind the curtains. I drank tea and dozed a bit and before I knew it the light had begun to fade away.

Shane's in Europe.

David was at the "new" boyfriends.

I wondered, this morning, if I should have been pining for some guy company, yesterday, last night. You know, I just didn't. Shrug. I do like my own company and I don't mind spending time on my own. Me and the cat. If I lived in the country it would be me and the cat and the dog. The funny thing about the two guys I've been seeing is that the more I see them, the more I, kind of, think that I don't want a boyfriend. It just seems like too much trouble, too time consuming. Maybe, I've got too selfish, although it's only been two years. Wow, two years almost to the day. A few weeks ago, really. I guess, they are just not the right guys, hey?

I wonder how Manny is? We've never seen each other again. Funny that, when relationships end - all that intensity and then... nothing.


No comments: