Sunday, August 16, 2009

Slava's Snow Show

Slava's Snow show was terrible. They sold the equivalent of the seats behind the stage. There were thirteen of us and to get that many seats in a row we had to sit in the Upper Circle. Unfortunately, we couldn't see 40% of the show, not at all. Any time the action moved to the front of the stage it was completely out of sight. It was one of my all time favourite shows when I saw it at the Comedy Theatre, but it was ruined for me at the Athenaeum.

There was no snow pulled over us. The huge storm didn't touch us. The huge balls at the end didn't come up as far as us.

It was telling, that the audience was applauding loudly downstairs, but in our section silence, I kid you not. Everybody was pissed off, lots of people complained.

I would suggest that everybody boycotts the show as a show of solidarity for unacceptable staging.

Terrible. A huge disappointment.


No comments: