Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Back to Walk... er Work

HI , my doctor has declared my my lung infection choric infection , i am days away forom hospitalisain , i am now on very powerful antibiotics that make me shit myself , this may be the end of me . I am not strong enough to get through phymo0nia . Sorry to send this news , love always Anthonyx


I’m thinking about the message Anthony sent me saying that his lung infection is now so bad and it is heading into too many weeks where the regular antibiotics haven’t worked, that he is on the last option of oral antibiotics before his doctor puts him into hospital.

I’m thinking that I have to answer him.

He tells me that he feels so sick, and has bad diarrhoea, and that he fears that this may well be the end of him.

That was what I was thinking about to start my morning. It makes you think, hey? What complaints did I have? What were the things I was feeling shitty about? Certainly not the end of my life, or not?

Then I shook my head and laughed and though drama queen.

I still needed to send a reply.



My goodness luv, that doesn't sound good. But, it always seems bad when you start the cure. I'm sure you will be up and about in no time, better than ever. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
You'd better quit the ciggies while you are laid up, I guess. Ha, ha.
christian xo

It is cold and very windy this morning. I did my usual lay in bed for an hour from 7am to 8am listening to Radio National reporting on the seriousness of the world, (the only time that I can bare to listen to the radio at all, when I am half asleep and they speak with hushed tones) feeling the morning drift, feeling like the time I have is infinite, even if that is only fleetingly. And the time seemed to go really quickly, this morning, and it was nudging passed 8am before I knew it.

I’m cold now that I am dressed sitting at my desk in front of my laptop waiting for the last few minutes for Shane to get in the shower so I can leave.

Eventually, “thud thud thud” come the footsteps on the stairs and click sounds the bathroom door. And crash and bang in the bathroom.

It’s time for me to leave. I can switch off and be heading down the stars in minutes with my bag in my hand.

I slip across Albert Street in between the traffic so I don’t have to push the pedestrian crossing button and stop all of the traffic unnecessarily. I don’t know why I think that? Stop the fuckers, what do care? But, it just seems so unnecessary, when one cane slip between the cars unscathed.

“HEY WATCH OUT!” screams a bike rider coming along the bike track.

“I saw you, you fucker!” comes out of my mouth before I think about my response. I’m a little surprise at myself. Why do we feel like we need to do that? Human nature? I turn to those waiting at the pedestrian lights now staring at me. “What is it with bike riders now a days?” I say. The new fascists. It is amazing how the once downtrodden given a little power will wield it so easily at those the next rung down on the evolutionary ladder.

It is nice walking through the Fitzroy Gardens to Collins Street, I’d forgotten how lovely it really is and I shake off the unpleasantness with the bike rider quickly. I must get myself a permanent job in the city, so I can enjoy the beauty of the morning again. Of course, that would mean a permanent job… laugh. Oh? Inevitably dealing with all the bitter cunts, whose cocks are too small, or snatches not tight enough. I shiver at the thought. I gaze at the rolling green lawns around me and wonder about all the unpleasantness in the world. And I think, why?

(Name of woman I’m working with) and I did tax all day and I decided that I wanted copies of her tax spread sheets, she uses, to carry around with me as a part of my “bag of tricks” to use where needed at companies I might be working at. So I printed out some hard copies of them before I left, after she leaves at 5pm.

When I got home and looked at what I had, I realised I needed to save a copy electronically for it to be of any real use to me. So, I dug out a USB I wasn’t using in preparation and wondered if I’d really dare. It would be an indictable offence, if caught. I guess the moral here is don’t get caught.

Sam met up with me after work and he and I walk home together. We headed to Woollies and bought the incidental ingredients for fried egg noodles.

Anthony called, I told him that the lung infection wouldn’t take him out, he wouldn’t be so goddam lucky.

“No, my luv, you are going to be here to the bitter end, you know, if I am.”

We both laughed.

He said he was feeling better and that the antibiotics seemed to be having an effect.

“Good. Fasten your seat belts we have many years of this to come.”

Life is, after all, an endurance test. Hang on, it is going to take a lot longer to get to the end, my luv.


Christian Fletcher 10:06 PM
Are you feeling nicer today?

Mark Waterdale 10:08 PM
...got a bad cold....feeling poo wah....
yelled at the rest staff, cos the kitchen was filthy... not a happy camper... need to come home now.

Christian Fletcher 10:10 PM
it is very soon now... sooooo close, just breath

Mark Waterdale 10:13 PM
If I breath... I cough... and my chest hurts... yeah yeah stop smoking...

Christian Fletcher 10:13 PM
yes, stop smoking

Mark Waterdale 10:13 PM
got taglets... should feel better soon

Christian Fletcher 10:14 PM
I haven't smoked for 8 months, the longest I have done thus far

Mark Waterdale 10:15 PM
you’re a star.....good for you...

Christian Fletcher 10:15 PM
and I'm fat and I feel like shit

Mark Waterdale 10:16 PM
there is always a price to pay....
need to have a little rest now cos the tglets are making me sloopey..

Christian Fletcher 10:17 PM
oky kokey

Mark Waterdale 10:17 PM
talk later fletchy....

No comments: