Friday, August 24, 2012

I'm Allergic To Them, I Tell You

I've already made an enemy of the HR girl, who sits right outside my office door, who never stops talking, and who tends to laugh at everything she, herself, has said. The busy, busy, run off her feet, "haven't got any time, sorry," types... who jumps to her feet and curtseys and bows and is up for a chat if ever there is someone to brown nose. She's had the job of emailing my time sheet, actually, she has taken in on. I've offered to do it myself, if she'd show me where, but she kind of insists. Then she leaves it on her desk and doesn't do it. I like to leave on a Friday afternoon knowing that my time sheet is safely on it's way to head office. Then I don't have to think about it anymore.

So two weeks running I've asked her for a second time if she has emailed it.
My boss left early yesterday, at 3pm, she has a sick child so, of course, she is allowed to do anything she likes. But she left without signing the time sheet, so I was back to Miss HR.

I thought I had better give her plenty of time, so I did at 4pm.

Ms HR signed it and put it aside.

"Can you email it for me?"

"Yes Christian." Roll of the eyes. "When I get a moment, don't worry I'll do it."

I was only asking, I thought.

So at 5pm I said, "Hey X how did you go with the time sheet?"

"You are a real pain in the arse about that time sheet, aren't you. Don't worry, I will do it and I will cc you and (my boss) in. Sheesh!"

"Okay thanks."

As I walked up Little Collins Street, I thought, her boss is the HR Director. I can just hear her telling him how she doesn't like me.

She's busy doing everything for everybody, in that normal nauseating HR way that they all have. "Can I help you?" Giggle, girlish shrug, big eyes, open mouth. And I dared to step in the way of her performance and she didn't like it. Anything that encroached on her juggling act of incompetence was to be loathed and derided.

My only question is, why? Why does it always have to be me? I decided on my walk up very stylish Little Collins Street that it must be me? You know, I've just got to wonder.


No comments: