Friday, August 31, 2012

I Need a Day Off

I was up in time and left at the normal time, 9am. Lovely isn’t? I mean I didn’t sleep in, today, for whatever reason may have caused that. He, he. 2am shut eye? Surely not? What are you saying? My third alarm was set on 8.15, so I straightened that out. I’m always worried about sleeping in a again. No, I guess that is something I have got over.

I sneaked out for more cigarettes, feeling naughty. Funny how times change. Once it was perfectly acceptable to go out for a smoke, but now it is frond upon. I don’t think tolerated at all in temps. I think-those-who-winge (read conservative) are getting the upper hand.

(my boss) didn’t say anything, but I wondered on one occasion out on Collins Street, shootin’ the breeze, watching in awe of the building work going on across the street, if she was saying to (the HR Girl),

“Where does he keep going?”

I laughed because I didn’t care.

My boss is the busy-busy-busy, no-time, not-enough-time, where-did-the-time-go types. She’s super mum with a no hoper husband, hand over mouth, from the phone conversations I’ve over heard.

She instructs me once, badly. She’s not so amazingly articulate. I’ve made mistakes, continue to do so.

Yeah, I can pick them. Maybe Smoking Brenda wasn’t so bad. I just get the feeling that she doesn’t like me so much. My boss, not Smoking Brenda. It’s a bit unnerving, it causes forced errors, because I am always second guessing myself.

Just think, I could now go out and gaze at the wasteland with Smoking Brenda. Be still my beating heart.

I must stop smoking. How did that happen?

Sam and I met on the corner of Russell Street and La Trobe. I sat on the old jail steps, it was quite nice sitting there. We managed to both get to the same corner for once. Yay, for us! I went to Exhibition, he went to Spring. Except, I was mistaken and I was, actually, on Russell Street. Another time it was Exhibition and Lonsdale and Latrobe and Exhibition. We keep getting it wrong, and mostly it seems to be me who get’s it wrong.

Sam and I went to the supermarket to by dinner. We made quiche, third attempt. The last two have leaked egg on the way to the oven, in my old two piece tin, so we bought a new flan tin. White. Porcelain. We had a salad, with the usual argument about putting tomatoes in it. Sam likes a strictly Green Salad, where I like loading it up with extras. He especially hates that dry bean mix which I am so fond of.

When we first met I put raw mushrooms in the salad and he thought I was some kind of weirdo, he told me later.

We managed it today with tomato and avocado and he had to admit afterwards that the avocado was good in the salad. Funny, because he is always yipping on about “layers” and “body” in food.

Shane and Tuli barely came out of Shane’s room. Just a shadow in the kitchen, at a few moments. A breath, a breeze. A scuff on the floor.

No comments: