Tuesday, August 07, 2012

So Like Alex


I was kind of surprised... lying in bed watching teev. Truthfully, I had a crappy head ache and I was laying back in the dark, wrapped in my bed clothes, comfy as... a pussy on a woollen blanket. I'd been gazing mindlessly at the TV from my place of warmth.

Sam skyped me earlier, he was busy looking for a new job. He knew when he took this current job that he was a computer programmer taking on a help desk role and that it wasn't, actually, going to work for him in the long term. I would have thought long term was longer than two months, but you know, what do I know. If you don't like it, look for something you do, good for him.
He was enthusiastic and my head was paining me and i tried to listen, but...

Anyway, I started watching Fresh Meat, a TV show that I'm sure I've seen before, once of twice. The actor who plays the posh character had been on Graham Norton when he was very funny. And then. OMG! There was Kingsley, real name Joe Thomas. He got my attention straight away. How much was, is he like my first school boyfriend, Alex? I have written about Alex before, he died a few years back and I never got to see him again and now I never will. 

Kingsley is so much like Alex, it is quite uncanny. Wow. Amazing. It was kind of nice, he took me back for a moment. Funny how some one can remind you... a look, a smile, those eyes, an inflection, that certain indefinable...

No comments: