Sunday, August 05, 2012

Sunday is Dog Day

There was alot of talk about buying a British Bulldog today. There was alot of searching the net for puppies, in the morning over breakfast, which we kind of found hard and somewhat confusing. There seemed to be such a disparity between prices and how do you know if a $300 pup is as good as a $3000 pup? Shake head. So, what else do you do when you can't exactly find the... um, result you want? What else? Head out to lunch.



We sat outside in Lygon Street in the fresh air and ate, it was quite nice, fresh. As it turned out, there was a couple sitting next to us with a puppy on their lap. They had only just bought their dog, which was four weeks old.

"Where did you find it?"
"Oh, it's easy now. Online, the Trading Post."
"In the Trading Post?" we both repeated, looking at each other, as if to say, very interesting, we didn't try that.
Raised eyebrows.

We decided to go walking after we ate. We haven't been riding our bikes at all lately.
"We should walk the long way home? You know, for exercise."
"We should head this way." I pointed north up Lygon Street.
"I was thinking we should head that way." Sam pointed over my shoulder. "More parks."
"More parks?"
"More chances for dog spotting."

We headed to the Carlton Gardens, to look for bulldogs running around with their owners, happily, red tongues flapping. Ha, ha, aren't we funny. But, you never know, stranger things have happened. Well, they have.
We didn't see any. 
We saw a Staffy and a Scottie and a Chocolate Lab.

The gay child? Ha, ha. No, I don't think so. A small bundle of wiggling, licking, loose fur joy.
Is this a good idea?
How could a puppy not be a good idea?
Man's best friend and all that.
I ask you?
What? Not for Xmas, but for a decade. I know. But decades go so quick.

I had a Rottie, he was ten when he died. He was lovely, a beautiful dog, but, I guess, all dog owners say that. Have to. I think it is apart of the dog owning deal. I, actually, think I am a nicer person when I have a dog. But, Rotties are a little big, really... so a Bullie?

Anyway. I have to work five days this week, so no more time to think about puppies. Grimace. You know when the weekend is over, all the puppies die. Ha, ha. 
...Five days. Five whole days. Yay! I haven't worked for five days for... um... er... since... well... March... so yay, people. A bit more work will be nice, if, you know, I have to work that is. The CBD,  so a nice little walk too, 9.30am start, you've gotta luv that. I hope the sun is shining.

Anyway, I'll probably go to bed tonight and dream about puppies, no doubt.

No comments: