Tuesday, January 07, 2014

I Spent The Day In Bed On Youtube

I spent the morning in bed with Buddy watching Youtube. I was watching Richard Dawkins discussing evolution with creationists.

He is a great thinker. I find him fascinating to watch. He has a great mind. Some say he is mean to people, and maybe he is, but then maybe he has to be? So many stupid people with which to deal.

I don't know how he does it, really I don't. The creationists are nuts. They think the planet is no more than 5000 years old, despite all the evidence to the contrary. “I just don’t accept that,” crazy eyes, would be their response. Of course, believe in what you want, I don't care. If it makes you feel good, that is great. But don't try and inflict your ideas on somebody else. The great problem Christians have, they can’t keep their ignorance to themselves. I mean sure, discuss it if you must, discussion is great, but don't try to bring it into the school curriculum. Don't teach it to impressionable kids.

I had frittata for lunch. Sam made it, and without bias, I reckon it was the best I'd ever eaten. Without bias I say, it was the best of the best of all of the frittatas ever made in the history of frittatas. How's that?

I could spend the rest of my life on YouTube. I love it. An hour of exercise in the morning, every morning, I don’t want to become a 20 ton shut in, being removed from the attic bedroom, it is always the attic bedroom, now isn’t it, by a large crane, all bubbles of fat cascading down, like a rather sad Michelin Man, looking miserable and embarrassed and in pain, as I am placed on the back of a flatbed truck to be taken away. Nobody wants that.

And then Youtube could entertain me for the rest of my time. The world and its people are fascinating, if you can filter out all the shit, the lies and the baggage people carry. If you can just watch the interesting stuff, the cool stuff, the stuff that makes you think, go wow even. Don’t we all want to go wow. Expand my mind. Don't twang my nerves. Don’t make me put my fingers in my ears and hum.

A lovely life... sure.

Is it wrong to want to do nothing? I suspect it is, on a deep intellectual level.

No comments: