Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dreaming In the Night

I had a driving dream. It was in a huge four wheel drive ute, that was a van. We drove through the night, we drove through the day. 

Then there was an opening in the side of the van, which was a slot at first and it kind of opened up and one had to stand very straight in it up against the side of the van wall to have a shower. The trim was silver metal with big rivets. I looked down over it to the bitumen of the road.

I woke up it was 4.35am. The fan blew. It was now quite cool. Air blew in from the open balcony door. Sam had pulled the doona over the two of us, it was very nice, cozy, I felt lovely and comfy. The light was shimmering and hazy at the same time all over the ceiling. I looked around and took special note. “What is it like when I wake up from my dreams?” It was quiet and still. The night shimmies with silence.

Then I dreamt about doing financial calculations on a tiny calculator and I kept messing it up.

The CEO (who may have been the queen) came out and told me she was waiting for the results. I continued to mess it up. The calculator was tiny, but the office and the office furniture were all huge. I was working in front of huge windows that looked out over the city. It was like one great big pokie machine. Big square frames, one by one, the tumbling fruit was life passing by beyond the windows.

Then I woke up a minute before the alarm, as I normally always do.


No comments: