Friday, January 31, 2014

I'm Lucky

Sam snores and I lie in bed next to him listening to him as I fall asleep. That is why I never understand all the whinny pants who say their partner has ruined their sleep for the last 30 years. Or, those people who spend half of their married lives sleeping in the spare room.

Of course, I am not saying it isn't true for them, as so many people say it is their truth, so obviously....

I go to sleep, practically, every night listening to Sam snoring. Snore, snore, snore and that is about all I remember. zzzzzz. Apparently, we both snore.

We both fall asleep really quickly, both of us. If I'm not asleep in five minutes of my head hitting the pillow, I wonder why? I can be chatting away to Sam and he'll go quiet and I will say, 

"Hello?"

Then, in the silence of the dark, I'll get that ka ka ka ka of his nose in return.

It makes me smile. That's my boy.

So, all you complainers who complain about your partner snoring and keeping you awake... I don't know... sorry life is that way for you. 

I had an exboyfriend who used to put rolled up bread in his ears if he couldn't sleep, he had nothing else, so I guess I'm lucky. People have told me that, but I never take any notice. So many people have trouble sleeping. I'm glad I I’m not one of them.

I am lucky, I know that, but it has little to do with sleeping. A great boyfriend. A nice house. A great country (despite the current government) A beautiful dog.

Sleep is what I do best. It is what I am best at. It is really the only thing I do well. It's true. It's what I do best.

You know, when you lie down for so long you get that lazy, relaxed core feeling? That is my favorite feeling in the world. That lazy feeling. That totally relaxed feeling. I'm lazy, okay we all know that. But sleep is the best, I know that much.


No comments: