Friday, January 10, 2014

I Took Buddy Into Work

I quit smoking today. Finally. How long has that taken? I can’t remember. I just looked it up in my journal, it has been since December 06th. Bad me. I’ve had all those smokers around me, Xmas and New Year. Weak as piss, I know. It’s been a bad season for it, the Xmas season, the silly season for booze and smokes.

There was no Buddy on the bed this morning, probably best. He is already getting the idea that he can retire to our bed any time he likes and it is no longer a treat. We, I, have created a doona monster, actually, it is the pillows he likes. Mr lush puppy.

Sam wanted to yabber on, standing over me in bed looking down, at 7am, but I was comfortable.

“I can’t hear you.” 

I told him off last night for being a nag and he had pretended not to speak to me since. Can’t we keep that act up, I thought? At my sleepy morning best, not speaking is preferable. He pulled the doona off me. Grrrr!

But, I slept in, anyway, it was glorious. I woke at 10am, or near enough to. I so love it when my sleep-in mojo returns to me, I have been so long without it. It is so relaxing. It is so glorious. It is so lazy. It is so dreamy and luscious. And I love it.

I wrote a bit of journal. I’m trying to keep it up. It is too hard when I leave it for a week, I can’t remember it by then. It has gone.

Then I took Buddy to the dog park. When I got to the park, I pulled out my phone to look at the time and it was 11.11. Buddy ran around. There was a gorgeous Frenchie named Lilly. There were greyhounds and Labradors 

The sun shone down with some heat. Bulldogs tire quickly in the heat.

A Golden retriever tried to play with him as it was about time to leave, at which point Buddy ran over to the water bucket, drank and then stood at the gate. He looked around to see where I was as if to say, Come on, I want to go home now. I’m done.

I took Buddy into (company name) to meet everyone. We all talk about our dogs, so I thought since I was in the neighbourhood. Alli the receptionist jumped up and patted and cuddled Buddy and said how beautiful he was. It felt strange marching through the company hallways with my bulldog buddy. Cate and Alice and Christine were in my office. They all jumped up and patted Buddy in the middle of the room. Cathy and Shayleen were at Laverton, sadly as they are two of the biggest dog people. I got buddy a dish of water in the kitchen. Alice came out with me. We said hello to the accounts department, as we were leaving. Buddy is very social. We saw Valerie on the way out. It was fun. Cool. I liked introducing my little mate around. I have spoken about him so often.

I went and looked in Blah Street for my neighbour Gordon's new house. And while there weren't any houses with boards up with for sale signs on them and while I didn't know the number of the house that my neighbour Gordon has, actually, bought and, sure, I may have missed the only nice house in the street, there is nothing nice in Blah Street that I would yearn to live in. Maybe no 27, at a pinch. A modern double story town house… if that is you want.

It was a hot day. 33 degrees.

I talked to Mark on Skype. 

Mark thinks that, maybe, my neighbour Gordon, quite possibly, is running from old age. A new house, a new beginning, a new life, everything new… maybe?

Mark’s depressed. He’s upset about his son Fen. He feels ignored by boyfriend Luke, who is smoking a lot of pot and is either studying, or on Facebook. And with his father, Rich’s death, he feels his mortality and he feels as though he doesn’t have a lot of time left.

I ended up watching, What’s My Line, in the afternoon. Bad Christian.

We ate Indonesian chicken.

Sam cooked Beef Rendang at the same time for tomorrow night’s dinner. Yum.


No comments: