Friday, April 21, 2023

Josh Is Back

Josh arrived early to go over the issues I had with his previous work. He arrived all wrapped up in his hi-viz gear and beanie, looking his adorable self.

"G'day."

"Josh."

So, he is here, ready to go, so I don't get to slap his arse like I did in previous posts. Pity. He's got a very slappable arse.

He was still in his shorts, still with a big, beefy butt to gaze at and nice hairy legs as, I followed him to the front door. The hair on the backs of his thighs would go all the way up to his... I thought.


Josh asked me what I do for a living and I told him. Jesus fuck, I never tell people that. I usually say I am a deep sea diver, or a train driver, or an astronaut, and people laugh at that and they don't usually follow it up with any more questions. I had just been editing my previous post, where I talk about this stuff. Funny how the mind works, hey. 

Am I ashamed of what I do? Absolutely. Ashamed that I didn't have any more imagination when I was eighteen to do something more exciting. I'd been a business student all through school and I just went with that, without too much thought. I knew nothing back then, really I didn't. I don't know how teenagers do it now. You know, 15 year olds on The Voice...

I knew I liked to write, but it never occurred to me that it could be anything but a hobby. I guess I still labour under that idea, really. Oh, stupid me.


Beau turned up eventually. The big, tall, string of...  that he is. And some how, the two of them coming to fix up work they had previously done morphed into me paying them more money to do extra work. Oh, I don't know. The flu pipe thing, that they previously coated with water proof paint, was still leaking in my toilet ceiling in the most recent heavy rain, so the entire boot thing had to be replaced, altogether. That made sense. Sure, I'd already paid him to fix it, but what can you do?

And the dripping guttering, morphed into more repairs to my roof, which I kind of knew had to be done - as my junkie mate Kim Wild used to get out there and piss around removing bolts, drilling holes, adding screens, hanging plants, adding blinds, removing blinds, when he was supposed to be detoxing from his IV drug habit. Yeah, sure, he took advantage like drug tend to addicts do - but did they have to be done now? Shrug? I don't know.

What can you do but say yes, if you are not a roof expert yourself. If you are not a tradie.

Was I ripped off? I don't know.


No comments: