Saturday, April 29, 2023

Saturday Night

We walked into the city for haircuts in the morning. The sun shone in the cool autumn morning. The sky was blue even if the air was crisp. It was nice in the sun, the rays like warm honey.

Afterwards, we took Bruno to Melbourne Central for lunch. Lately, I have discovered I can take Bruno to all sorts of shops that I never thought I'd be allowed. I've even seen two different people take their dogs into Aldi and Coles in shopping trolleys. And Melbourne Central has alleyways, after all, and we only just went inside a little way up the alley way, and the restaurant didn't object. He just lay out on the floor quietly after all the walking he'd done.


Saturday afternoons are kind of melancholic, just by their very being. I think it is kind of like the middle child of days, not really the earlier day, nor the later day, of the weekend.

After I had got bored with myself as much as I had with YouTube and my headphones, I put on Vanishing Point first, and I followed this by Bullitt, two of the greatest car chase movies ever filmed, as they say. A 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T and a 1968 Mustang GT 390 respectively. Both cars were modified for the films. I'd have either one of them, but if I had to choose, I'd probably choose the Mustang. Maybe?

They are not really Sam's thing, those two films, but he didn't mind me putting them on, as he half watched and half played one of his games. He's a gamer, so he can always entertain himself.

And other than Vanishing Point's stupid ending, which I always forget and which always annoys me, it was a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

We ate corn soup and thick crusty bread for dinner.

Then we put on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Sam's pick, for the evening.

I lie on the couch, and Bruno climbs onto the couch behind me and lies like a little papoose and he keeps me warm like a hot water bottle. It takes me all my time not to fall asleep from his warmth, but luckily, he gets too hot too and he goes and lies on the floor for a time, before he climbs back on the couch behind me all papooselike. Or he goes and lies like a papoose behind Sam, it just depends who is lying on the bigger couch, on Saturday night I was lying on the bigger couch.


No comments: