Saturday, April 15, 2023

What Do You Mean We Have To Leave Home?

We were supposed to be going to Fonda tonight with David, in Swan Street though, as Smith Street is booked out. 

Sam and I are such homebodies. And Sam isn't all that keen on Fonda. (More so because that is where David always insists on going)  Its funny, Sam has often said, "There are better places to eat, why does David always want to go to Fonda?"

“Margaritas,” I say.

So, this time I said to Sam, "Fonda is all booked out in Smith Street for dinner tonight..."

"Yay," said Sam, "So where are we going?"

"Fonda in Swan Street."

"You are kidding?"

"I shit you not."

Groan.

So, when it started to get close to going, you know, a few hours away, I said I couldn't be fagged getting to Swan Street. And Sam agreed. 

So, I called David and told him I had a migraine and we weren't going. David didn't answer, so I left a voice message, not ideal, but that's what I did. David called back pretending he hadn't heard the message, but I knew he had. I don’t think he was very happy about it, "You know some times you actually have to leave home," he said, but what could he do.

And we have a friend staying, so David couldn’t stay with us.

He's going overseas for 3 months, in a few days, but he does that every year to escape the cold, even now when he lives in Northern Rivers.

It would just be David holding court talking about himself with the converted… er… his friends, so as long as he has that, which he did, he’d be fine.

"What are we like?" I said to Sam.

"Fuck it," he replied.

Not long after it poured with rain, and continued to rain for the rest of the night.


No comments: