Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Oh, You Are Welcome

I was tasked with transferring the company super from one fund to another, no big deal really, but a big deal at the same time. Yesterday was D Day, and I'd pulled it off without a problem. At the last minute there was a minor hiccup and I put through a payment to clear up the problem. Our Management Accountant, told me off for using the Director of Finance and herself to authorise the payment, because the transactions I usually do are for large sums, but this was a relatively minor amount and the rules say... I usually use the accounts girls, for such payment, but this time I just did it myself. I just didn’t think as I finished off my project.

After all that work, pulling all of that together, the only thing I got was to be reminded about the rules for payments and that I shouldn't use the Director of Finance for such trivial matters. Seriously?

Not that one is really related to the other, but in reality that was what I got.

Still, as the old adage goes, if you never expect praise, you will never be disappointed.

I now call her the Angry Midget, due to her 140 cm height and the fact she has been kind of pissy ever since she came back from having her first child

I know this sounds like a whinge, but after all that work, that is the only response I get. “Nyr nyr nyr nyr nyr nyr.” Oh, I so hate accountants – pernickety rule keepers. How the hell did I end up being one? 

Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

I never tell people I am an accountant, I usually say something really vague like I work in finance.

Or, I respond with, "So, what do you do?" People never really notice that trick, they just simply answer the question that was used to combat the question they asked. And let’s face it, most people are more interested in talking about themselves than listening to you. Well, true of extroverts, maybe not so true of introverts.


No comments: