Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Wednesday

11.11am. I take Bruno for a walk. I'm still working from home. I don't know if my job is getting easier, of if I am just getting better at it. The 3 days a week I work have never really taxed me, but just lately I seem to be a machine of super efficient abilities? Ha ha, do you like that? Translation, I seem to have more spare time than ever before. Time to burn.

At 11.11, I've finished work I was working on, I know I have an hour, or a few, before anyone is going to ask me for anything, most likely. And if they do, I can just say I went to an early lunch. Nobody is going to be stressed if I answer questions late. If anything is urgent, which it won't be, they can call me...

We stop in at the opshop and get Dark Passage, Bogart & Bacall. I'm guessing the kids don't know who they are now? I mean, they were before my time too, of course, so why would the kids know them, but if you like old movies... What is that song?

We had it all

Just like Bogie and Bacall

Starring in our old late, late show

Sailing away to Key Largo

It is a nice day. Bruno and I do our usual walk backwards. Bruno, of course, sniffs every goddam thing he can but, as they say, walks for dogs are as much about exercise, as they are about mental health and them getting out and sniffing the sniffs.

I bought a Fleetwood Mac cd for a dollar in one of the opshops, no cover just a cd in a broken case, but I don't care, as I upload it to iTunes, cheaper than buying a download. So, I am now listening to that on my phone and bone conducting headphones. I forget how good they were. Well, I wasn't such a huge Fleetwood Mac fan actually, so I guess, I am discovering how good they are now, today. They are good. I am pleased with this cd.


The rest of the day goes smoothly. Nobody asks too much of me. I am pissing around on my own laptop late in the afternoon when Sam comes in and asks me a question. As he is standing there and I am answering his question, he reads the pop up on my screen. "HR meeting in 5 minutes. Oh, lucky you," he says. (You know, he is enjoying the fact, just a little)

"Oh, yes, fuck, I forgot."

I immediately start logging into the zoom meeting. Unfortunately, the pop up was 10 minutes old, so the meeting has started. 

I can't find my earbuds, and the sound isn't working. 

I call out to Sam to ask him why my sound isn't working. The rest of the team in the meeting indicate they can hear me. I hadn't put my camera on by this stage so it was just audio they are hearing. Boris texts me. That makes me wonder if I have said anything I shouldn't have. I text Boris back to confirm, she says I didn't. Blogger just randomly makes some text bigger, I have no idea why, but I like to leave it that way when it happens. (What the fuck? Perhaps it is God talking through it, you know, instead of the burnt Jesus head in the toast, he chooses to speak through giant text. It makes as much sense as anything else the Jesus people try to claim)

Oh, shit, the full cliche.

Sam comes downstairs and clicks the settings, off headphones. I should have been able to do that.

I turn my camera on, disturbing the whole meeting. Yay, good one Christian. In a sign of a charmed life, I laugh to myself now, the meeting is, essentially, over. My only contribution was, pretty much, the disturbance I created. I should be concerned by that, but really, I am pleased. Translation, I don't care. Good job done, I think.


No comments: