Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Boris' Last Day

It is Boris' last day for two and half weeks. She's heading overseas to shore up the family estate, or some such shit. She's heading over to snatch her part of the family fortune, one can only assume, I didn't really ask, out of the hands of the goat herders who make up her closest relatives.

I'm filling in for her. And you know, right about now I'm saying to myself, how hard was it to say those words, 'No Boris, I don't want to do that?' I mean, 8 simple words, I practically use on a daily basis and yet on this occasion I found myself saying, 'Yes, sure I will fill in for you', instead. 

Idiot! I mean seriously, WTF?

Anyway, too late now. Boris goes tomorrow.

But, on the bright side, Boris completed the only major piece of work of hers I had to do. Contradictorily, that is something of a shame, I mean, if I have to work 5 days, five fucken days, I should, at least, have something to do. At this stage, I am working 5 days per week for the next 3 weeks and I have fuck all to do. 

I know, some people would say 'we could be so lucky.' But I hate doing work if I have nothing to do.

I barely have enough work to fill in my 3 days, as it is. But, as long as I get to do it from home, I guess I don't really care. I'll write my blog. 

I do wonder about the practicality of taking my laptop to work, if I had to go back to the office to work. I mean, if I could pull out my MacBook, I am contained, I can't go anywhere, it would be a good chance of getting some work done. But, I'm guessing, having my laptop at work would be pretty obvious, huh?

As long as The Grand Pooh-Bah, who is currently doing triathlons in some European backwater, doesn't come back and insist on me going into the office. Oh no, that would be really bad. He is the energiser bunny at the best of times, but if he's had a break and has filled his head with all that crisp fucken mountain air there is no telling what he might involve himself in.

"You full time, you come to the office 3 days."

Oh, yes, I'd be very unhappy about that eventuality.


I can hear the magpies calling in the garden.


No comments: