Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Muggy Hump Day – We All Need A Bit Of The Ruby To Stomach The Bitter

It's hot, muggy, the air is thick.

I'm pretty sure my t-shirt was beginning to stick to me this morning, as the day got going.

It rained last night. It poured unexpectedly, even catching out the bureau of Meteorology, not that that is too difficult, I hear you all carol together. Coming down on my new glass panel, not 24 hours, but 12 hours after the silicone had been applied. Silicone usually needs 24 hours to cure, but it got 12 hours, but the day had been hot, 33 degrees. So, cross your fingers?

We tried to take the bulldogs for a walk, but the sun burned.

Anyway, that rain ratcheted up the humidity somewhat, lovely. And it is hanging around. We're not a city traditionally used to high humidity, but climate change changed all that. We are feeling the effects of climate change. It is baffling why that simple fact doesn't inspire the world to do something about it?

I often wonder what all the anti-climate change people think is going to happen? There is no secret escape plan that is only known to them. Nobody is getting out of this. Their grandkids are going to burn just like the rest of us under the ever increasing, unrelenting heat. Surely, they are not so delusional that they think their money is going to somehow insulate them from the looming disaster.

I read somewhere that people who make vast sums of money, huge fortunes, billions of dollars often have personality traits more closely akin to psychopaths, which enables them to do so. It explains a lot. I guess there has to be a certain amount of detachment when you (metaphorically) knife all those people to get to the top.

I eat ruby grapefruits late morning. I love that bitter grapefruit taste, made palatable with the addition of ruby. I wonder what the ruby is? I should look it up. I should know, I guess.

It is a metaphor for life, really... is it a metaphor? Oh, whatever you want to call it. We all need a bit of the ruby to stomach the bitter.

The bulldogs are playing dead dogs in the lounge room, sprawled out across the carpet.

I'm just contemplating what work I have to do for the rest of the day?

Plenty, really?


Sam comes down to start making lunch. He holds a bowl of mushrooms up to the sun and chants. Apparently, exposure to the sun super charges the good things in mushrooms, it has just been discovered.

Sam smiles at me as he chants.


No comments: