Saturday, December 02, 2023

Saturday

It is still fucking raining.

Is that a week? Has it been raining for more than a week?


All plans are put on hold, this may just be a day on the couch.


I make a list of the ‘go to’ songs that I listen to on a regular basis on YouTube when the world becomes just too terrible, if you know what I mean, because that is what you do when you are stuck inside on a wet day. Those songs that are just perfection that help steer me to the place where the world is a great place.

Patti LaBelle singing 4 songs at Live Aid. The greatest vocal performance ever recorded.

Liza Minnelli singing New York New York in that red pants suit. Just wow!

Adam Lambert singing Believe Kennedy Centre Awards for Cher. Absolute perfection.

Steve Tyler singing a Beatles tribute, Kennedy Centre Honours for Paul McCartney. Steve Tyler is a super star.

Aretha Franklin’s Natural Woman Kennedy Centre Awards for Carol King. The Queen of Soul.

Tina Turner, Simply the Best, the one where she walks into the theatre from the street. Tina was simply the best.

Noah Reid, The Best. Just gorgeous, just like him.

(I'm sure there are some I am forgetting. I'll add them when I think of them)

Nancy Wilson "Face It, Girl It's Over" on The Ed Sullivan Show.

Nancy Wilson live – Guess Who I Saw Today, 1994

Elaine Stitch, at 85 doing I'm Still Here, Sondheim's 80th Birthday Concert Avery Fisher Hall within Lincoln Center in New York City on March 15 and 16 in 2010

And then, there was a contestant on some singing show, just because he’s super cute, and has a really good, great voice, Noah Thomson singing Stay.

Oh, I just looked him up, he won American Idol 2022. Great voice.


No comments: