Friday, December 08, 2023

Walking The Dogs Early

I take the dogs for a walk early, as the forecast temperature for today is 34 degrees. I can't walk the bulldogs after 30 degrees.

It starts to spit rain just as soon as we leave and I think WTF?

It is overcast and grey as we start out, but the clouds clear up and the sun is heating up by the time we trot up to our front gate again.


I water all my plants in anticipation for the 34 degrees. And what we get is a muggy hot day with lots of wind.

I take water from the pond and add liquid fertiliser and water conditioner to the mix, then I add fresh water to the pond. With one of the fills, one of my rubber plants falls into the pond, and I lean down to scoop it out, but unfortunately, I rest my other hand on the two piece Chinese Lantern for support, you know the ones inside of which you put the candle, which promptly comes apart and I go head first into the pond, only just stopping myself from going under, by pushing my right hand out in front of me, but I can’t get out with the rubber plant still in my left hand, I require some help. I call out to Sam. “Help! I need some help!” 

I know, pathetic.

It was funny after, once I was back on my feet.


The plumber promised yesterday he’d be here today at 1pm, to fix the broken tap. As I said yesterday, we bought a new tap, but we couldn’t manage to get the old tap off the sink no matter how we tried to. 

Sam messages the plumber at 2pm to see where his plumbers are.

He messages back, 'We are caught up on our current job, any chance of rescheduling it to Monday.'

No. Stuff that. We message him back, “Any chance of getting it done today, as I have someone using the room.”

The plumber messages back that he’d have someone here in 10 minutes. One of his guys was going to pick something up and we were on his way. That's how you do it, I say to Sam. Bloody miracle that worked, I think. 

And a cute blond plumber arrives, all smiles and bright eyes and he fixes the tap.


I lie on the couch watching YouTube, after that. One about a 1931 Model A Ford Coupe. Another about a 1938 Ford Convertible. You get the picture.


No comments: