Monday, December 18, 2006

Good On Ya

I came home and fell asleep on my bed drunk and woke up @ 3am.

Josh and I went to Simon's Xmas party. It was more of a family affair than a group of friends, but Simon's gay nephew was there, as was David, Simon's ex. Simon's gay sister and his gorgeous, younger brother were also there, as well as Simon's boyfriend, Bern. Simon had cooked up a feast, there was a mountain of food.

It was gorgeous sitting out the back in the sun, drinking beer, catching up.

Later in the afternoon, Josh was bitching about going, he wanted me to call Tom so we could go over there. Josh eventually got bored and headed into the study to read books, I guess, just in case his boredom wasn't evident enough. So, as Simon's nephew said he wanted to go, I said that I thought Josh wanted to visit another friend and could he give us a lift to the city. At which point, Josh appeared at the back door and said, It's you who wants to visit a friend, not me, so don't try to blame this on me.

The boy just has no idea, sometimes. No really, he so often has no clue, funny for someone so intelligent.

I just stood there with my mouth open.

We parted company on Princess Bridge, a short time later, after I had told him what a fuckwit he can be, sometimes.

When I got home, Mark called and wanted me to tape something for him & Luke, So you think you can dance... and the last thing I remember, in my drunken brain, was lying on my bed thinking what schlock it really was. How could they watch this stuff... and then it was 3am.

I was up to witness Josh crash his way through the door dead drunk, insisting on telling me that I was still his favourite and that he still loved me... insisting how he'd like to bust up his good friend's relationship, because he sudden found one of them irresistible... tall step, eye spasam. Hick!

Whatever, I thought, as I headed back to bed. (Only because he was drunk, not because I was still cross with him, you understand.)

 

No comments: