Friday, December 22, 2006

Just Rude

I was out side having a cigarette, just minding my own business, getting the job done, as they say, in pariah's corner, just outside the door and to the left a bit. You know the regular faces, if you're a regular yourself. I wonder if they have names for me, like I have names for them?

As I said, I was minding my own business, when this pinched-faced bitch, in a button up blue suit and a pony tail, pulled so tight at the top of her head her eyes bugged, walked by. Officious, twenty something lawyer type, thinks she knows every thing. I blew my cigarette smoke in her path, just how it was, I didn't see her coming. I didn't mean to. She turned and stood face to face with me, waving her hand in front of her rat-faced features furiously, so close to mine that her fingers were practically swatting my nose.

She had such a look of rat-faced determination and triumph on her face, it was sickening. I was surprised by her actions, taken aback with her aggression and the invasion of my space.

It was just rude!

And then it just came out. I spoke without thinking. First thing that came to mind.

Deadpan. "I bet it smells better than your cunt!" Broad day light; bound to be a client of the firm, some how. Or a new grad. I winced at the thought.

Her rat-faced expression changed to one of such startled, wide-eyed surprise, it was all I could do not to laugh, as she beat her hasty (nasty) retreat.


No comments: