Saturday, December 02, 2006

Saturday Morning Thump Thump Thump



Oh my head! I'm sure I didn't drink that much? Positive. I had a schooner when I got there. Pot. pot, schooner, schooner, pot. Not that much?

I got there before the others, bought myself a beer and settled in the beer garden. Kip, Tim's ex, turned up with a gorgeous Canadian boy and we chatted for a while. I told the Canadian boy that I'd never met a Canadian I didn't like, which is true, I wasn't just pulling his proverbial... um... er... chain. I wasn't just saying it because of his handsome face... well, maybe just this much (holding up fingers a millimetre a part). I've always found Canadians to be really cool people.

The Canadian (unfortunately, I had one of my deaf moments when he was introduced to me, so I don't know his name) said he was nervous about the place, as he heard many stories about the "tough leather attitude" of the Laird, told mostly by south side twinks, I found out when I questioned him.
I don't know why I worry about going to pubs on my own, I always run into someone I know. I should do it more often.

I found Tom chatting to Sebastian, in the corner, a little while later. Sebastian is still sad and is still getting over Jesse's death. He was very quiet, sooooooooo unusual for him. I still can't get used to his new teeth - he's just had all the front ones capped and they look huge and ridiculously American.
"Say cheese," with a valley girl accent.

Shane and Matt turned up a soon after with a beer order. Shane asked me which was my glass, I pointed vaguely at the selection and Shane poured half his beer into a glass for me. Half way through the beer, I realised I hadn't bought the glass over with me and, in fact, I was now drinking out of somebody else's empty. Oooo! I chose just not to think about it - and all the bugs that seem to be going around at the moment - and finished it anyway. (must go and take my vitamins)

The place got really busy for a moment, but then cleared quickly.

Everyone, pretty much, headed home early. Tom drove me half way home, as he was heading to Throb. I bought a kebab and ate it as I walked up the Gertrude Street hill, managing to wear a lot of it. Damn!

Now, I'm off to Lottie's, who has decided I am taking far too long to find myself a car and is now threatening to buy me a brand new one. I turned her down, new cars are such a waste of money. So, I wonder at what time intervals the trams run on Saturday morning?

But now for the most important question of the day, Where are my Mersyndol?

No comments: