Monday, December 18, 2006

P.S. Devilishly Handsome Michael.

Oh yes...

When I got to work this morning, the first person I saw was Michael, we were both getting coffee.

"Good morning," I said.

"I thought you said you were going to the Xmas party, Friday night," said Michael in a some what accusatory tone... I wasn't expecting. We held each other's gaze.

It was the first time we would have been drunk together, since the Xmas lunch, where we got kind of chummy. He told me his boyfriend didn't understand him, we hugged each other... kind of caressed... then he left.

Five years was... oops... is a long time to be faithful.

I held his gaze, as I poured the hot water into my coffee mug. He was serious. His eyes burned a little too long.

"I was." Smile. "But something came up and I couldn't make it," I said. "Was it good?"

"Yes." Pause. Customary, gorgeous, Michael smile. He picked up his coffee and looked cheeky. "I didn't get home until 5am." Smile. Shrug. Pause. Then he walked off, without looking back.

Are you trying to tell me something, Michael, I pondered.

I've never slept with someone from work, before. Never. It's kind of a rule, I have. But, I reckon it might just be one of those things you should notch up on the belt, before you die.

"Christian Fletcher, this is your mission, if you choose to accept it..."

good night.


No comments: