Sunday, February 18, 2007

Early Sunday

I'm eating chocolate biscuits for breakfast, as the cockies call to each other, in the trees outside. I know, it's a great way to stay svelte, but I'm just picking, as I have my first coffee. There's a glass barrel next to the kettle, left out from the woman's retreat, where they sat around and gazed at their vagina's with hand-mirrors. Well, I'm still not smoking, although, I hit the pot with Luke and Mark pretty hard last night. But, not cigarettes, even after smoking with Lauri, Friday night. Just don't light that first one in the morning, and then I'm right.

I came up here to get away from the stifling heat of what would have been the city, last night. It was glorious, too. I was almost cold, as I headed to my bed last night. The stars were magnificent, Mark and I gazed at them, diamonds in the black sky. But, you know, I'd still rather hang with Mark & Luke than anyone, heat or no heat. They are still my favourite blokes. It looks like the two of them might be starting the long break up. I think they want different things, I think they both know that. They are going to counselling, as the two of them say, so they can have the best break up ever. I think Luke is going to go travelling, head overseas, maybe. It will be strange not having Luke around, it's been a long time, he's gorgeous. I'll miss him, if they split. I adore Luke.

The country is the only place to be when the temp is nudging forty. We lose sight of the fact that it is only man's construct, the evil that man does that heats up to unbearable temperatures, left to nature, it is always cool in the evenings to sleep, the natural universe's cooling system always kicks in when the sun goes down. The more man works against nature, the less likely he is to survive. I used to love that great big melting pot that is the city, but now I just see it as getting too big and too angry and too over-heated to really enjoy. I might think about moving to the country, one day.

That's all I wanted to say to that woman who tried to run me over the other morning, It doesn't have to be this way. But then the current governments of today are saying it's alright to go to war, it's alright to fight, so what do I expect.

I'm lucky, I have some where to go when the city gets too angry to survive in. Bolago, is only an hour away, after all, I could even commute.

I'd most likely go by train, but it would also be fun tackling the traffic in the GTI. Have I told you what a cool car it is? It sticks to the road like a go-cart and it accelerates like an F1. I came up the old road, non-dual highway, on the way up here, just to put the GTI through it's paces. I passed every thing on the road, even in 6th gear. Although, chucking it down to 5th and hitting the accelerator is the most fun. Into 4th and it's just a rocket, from 100 to 140 in seconds. It's just like my Cooper S - the real Mini variety and not the cynical marketing exercise of the baby BMW masquerading as a Cooper S - but the GTI has airbags and crumple zones for every day life. Breath taking! Its performance makes me cackle, like a man possessed, as everybody else appears as a diminishing dot in my rear-view mirror.

That's fun! Ha, ha, ha, ha!

We all play it too safe now a days. Over regulated and over-fed, we're drowning in a sea of rules and affluence. Our wealth is like quicksand and we're now up to our necks in it. 3 minutes to midnight, as they now say.


1 comment:

Evol Kween said...

Wow Fletch! That's some heavy shit for a Sunday morning in the country! Peace.