Tuesday, February 13, 2007

To Hell In a Rat-Faced Bitch's Hand-Basket

You know the world is truly going to hell, when (and they all seem to be female, maybe because they are told that the clitoris gives them the opportunity to have it all... and it's just not true) car drivers think it is perfectly acceptable to run pedestrian's down if the pedestrian crosses the road on the red man – more often than not, these idiot drivers are driving through red lights themselves.

I saw it happen on the corner of Elizabeth and Bourke a week, or so ago, when an idiot woman accelerated straight at group of pedestrians in her Rodeo, not making any allowances for the pedestrians if they'd kept walking. If they had, she would have run them down, it would have been as simple as that.


Then this morning, a woman in a gunmetal grey Toyota Yaris tried to run me down on Victoria Parade. You can’t actually make it right across Victoria Parade on the green man, it has always changed to red when you are on the second side. I dashed across this morning and this idiot woman just kept coming, until I was in front of her car with both my hands on her bonnet yelling at her that she had to give way to pedestrians.

Get out of my way, she said, as she tried to accelerate over me. I had to leap out of the way.

I saw that she had stopped at Brunswick Street and decided that she wasn't going to get away with that.

I ran and caught up to her, as she waited at Brunswick Street lights and it was worth it just to see her jump and nearly shit herself, as I banged on her diver’s window, as hard as I could.

(To her credit, she wound down the window)

Do you think your behaviour was acceptable back there? I yelled. Do you think it is acceptable to run someone down?

Yes, she said, because you ran across on the red man. Because I was in the right and you were in the wrong.

(Yes, she said. It was okay for her to run a pedestrian down)

You don’t even know your road rules, I yelled. Cars have to give way to pedestrians.

I know my road rules…

You are what is wrong with the world, I yelled. The world is going to hell quicker than I ever gave it credit for, because of people like you!

I walked around in front of her car, the lights had turned green and she accelerated again and I had to jump from out of her way again?

What the hell is wrong with you, I yelled after her.


No comments: