Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Woe Is Me – Or Let Me Whine, Just For A Minute, Because It Is My Blog

I went over to Manny's last night and pulled a muscle over my rib cage, on my left side. And that was just from sitting on the couch, while we were watching the Academy Awards, leaning on his shoulder. I've got this strange cold that has developed straight into a dry, persistent cough. My small toe - second small toe - still hurts from where I landed on it when fell down the stairs, a few days a go - when I turned mid-step to go back to check if I turned the iron off. My right knee is still clicking, although it's not painful - I just thought I'd mention that.


Oh, and I've got an infect sore on my left elbow, from me inexplicably (How many pots did I have?) picking at it at the pub (That's the Laird for home sick Melbourne boys) last Friday night, which is now oozing puss, whenever I squeeze it.


I'm a wreck! How old did I say I was?


Tonight, I started the coughing thing, clutched my pulled muscle, as it hurt mid cough and kicked the single step into the kitchen, again, with my damaged toe. That hurt so much, I nearly choked on some half coughed-up phlegm - I'm sure you wanted to know that small fact - as I went to grab from my aching side to my throbbing toe, which only made me start to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. At which point, I started to cough again, which made my side shoot with pain again, which caused me stand heavily down on my sore toe, after which I nearly collapsed, completely onto the floor, seeing stars.


I headed to bed, after that.


2 comments:

Lies said...

Um, I read that list of adjectives that you're using to describe just who you are. You missed off whiner.

aumojo said...

All I can say is ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch...

Time to wrap up in cotton wool, and move into a sterile bubble ;)