Sunday, February 04, 2007

End of the Night

Been out drinking with friends. Pissed as! It's nice to have buddies to play pool with, drink beer and hang with. I'm lucky, I have good friends. Whenever I get down, I should just slap myself. I've been down the last few days. Or is it the beer? Nah! It's grand having flirty buddies. Smart friends. Clever, funny, witty pals. People to be with, just naturally.

Josh met someone he went to school with. They were twelve years olds together, apparently. He recognised Josh straight away. Josh didn't click for the longest time and then he was embarrassed.

In fact, we were a gaggle of ex-boyfriends... the four of us. He who shall never be mentioned, Craig (his ex) and... did I ever say that Josh is an ex-boyfriend of mine? Before Manny, I guess. He's cool. I like having him around.

Do we ever tell our buddies that we love them, enough?

Babyface sings, I'll Make Love to You and End of the Road. (He nearly sings it as well as his {great} Auntie Gladys... nearly)

Tom has taken himself off to Sydney, to escape, because everyone is cross with him. Apparently, all his gay boy friends are, and I quote, ‘A bunch of cunts and he's hanging with some lesbian friends,’ according to he-who-shall-never-be-mentioned.

Shane and Mark W have split up. Apparently, Shane has left Mark W for Matt. Who'd have thought? The last time I chatted to Shane, when he was drunk and inclined to say more than he would otherwise, he said that Matt is the first person who has made him feel the same way as his (gorgeous) boyfriend Fergus, who died a number of years back.

Ah, Mark W, tall, dark and handsome and if someone could just graft in a personality, he'd be great. Oh, I don't mean that, he's nice. Smart, considered, interesting. I'm just being a little bitch. I think, perhaps, I fancied him once, kind of in passing, and he didn’t fancy me and I’ve just been mean ever since. Oh, not really, but I think there was a sense of that somewhere along the way. That’s how it usually goes, now isn’t it.

I started smoking again. Idiot! (Babyface sings, Gone to Soon)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun night!!

Throw last nights cigarettes in the bin. One small fall off the wagon can be overcome!

(your quitting is my motivation)

FletcherBeaver said...

I actually took it up again last weekend. I've given up three times in the last week, it was exhausting. Oh well, again on Monday, I guess.