Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lovely Carl




This photo reminds me of a straight boy I used to have a thing with. It's not him - I don't know this guy - but he bares an uncanny resemblance to the lovely Carl. The photo bought back such vivid memories. It's funny the people we let go of, as I did with Carl, for no apparent reason. I wonder what he is doing now? I guess, he is living his life happily, probably not far from where I'm living mine, as he always lived in the next suburb. It's funny the people we used to know and the lives they have probably lived.

He was gentle and sweet and really lovely, not to mention the obvious crush he used to have on me. He was my first straight boy crush. He used to seek me out at dance parties and clubs; he used to give me his jacket, if I was cold, he used to hold my hand as we walked through the crowd, he wouldn't let me out of his sight. Once, he gave me his singlet because he thought I'd look sexy in it. We used to dance the night away and he used to look at me with that look of adoration, attraction, that other boys did. I guess, I looked at him the same way.

My boyfriend didn't mind, he thought it was adorable and sweet.

His girlfriend didn't mind, she used to say to me, I don't mind if Carl is with you, he really likes you a lot, you know. Apparently, I was the only "other" person in his life, their life. She gave me her blessing, I guess, because she knew I'd always give him back. I just wanted to play with him, I didn't want to keep him. I was happy for him to go home at the end of the night, well, not always straight away, but, Annie didn't mind that either.

I like him being with you, she'd say. I don't always want to go out. (Carl always wanted to go out, he was a party boy) I know he's safe, we're safe, when he is with you.

They were both gorgeous. Enlightened people. I hope they are still together.


1 comment:

Bold oy! said...

You go from extremely rough to very sweet :o)