Tuesday, May 20, 2008

David & Tony Go To Bali




David went to Bali this morning, with American Tony. They are going to be gone for two weeks, lucky them. Tony was due to go home after Bali, but because it's rich and real and love forever, David wanted him to stay longer. David was really nervous when he asked me.

"Tony wants to stay longer and he can change his ticket easily."

"A-ha," I said.

"Now, I know you said you didn't want more than 3 people in the house at any given time and of course I want him to stay longer, but it is up to you."

"I see," I said.

"So how long can he stay?"

"How long does he want to stay," I said. I knew full well it was August that we were talking about. Just say it, David.

"It's up to you," said David. "One week, two weeks, you say."

"But how long does he want to stay?"

"You tell me."

"Okay," I said. "I'll get back to you." Then with one thing and another, I didn't see Shane until last night. David was stressed to the max, by that stage, not that I had realised.


David came to my office door, just as my washing stopped. "Um?" said David, looking terrible. Click off, goes the washing machine. "Have you had a chance to talk to Shane."

"Yes," I said, being deliberately aloof, heading to the washing machine. There was a part of me that still thought it was too much. But, most of me thought in the spirit of being generous, I should just think of David. But, perversely, a part of me wasn't giving up the doubt, oh so easily.

"He can stay as long as he likes," I said. "If it gets too much Shane and I have unchallengeable veto power, at any time." I picked my shirts out of the machine and headed to the other room. David followed. "So you had better keep us happy."

David put his hands together in front of himself and started to cry. "I've been so stressed about it." Then he burst into tears. He does drama best out of the three of us.


No comments: