Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Everybody Should Get Stoned


Ah, stoned again. Shane and I watched Teev. Open fire every night this week.

A cloud hovered over the coffee table, under the light. The flames flickered orange. The windows were black.

You know, it amuses me how the conservative forces, who have now invaded every tear of Government - working families, mums, dad, kids - have managed to demonised pot into a drug with big, spooky, bogey man.

Of course, the media jumps all over it to sell newspapers.

Now they are saying in people with a particular faulty gene. Isn't that the same as saying people who are predisposed to the detrimental effects, which is what they have always said about smoking pot. So, nothing has, actually, changed.

Do they understand how many people smoke it?

Everybody I know smokes pot. Most of the people I meet smoke pot, from all age groups. I was at a wedding, recently, hanging with the bride and groom when the bride pulled a joint from the bodice of her wedding dress and asked me if I wanted to share it.

Half the population would be going nuts.

Well, it's something to think about when you roll your bed time joint, I guess.

No comments: