Sunday, May 18, 2008

All Singing, All Dancing



The gravel crunched under their feet.

"Your aunties loved me," said Jimmy, drunkenly. "How many of their nephew's gay lovers have they danced the waltz with, I ask you?"

"You even won over Aunty Greta," slurred Warren. "She told me to never dare to enter her house with the stink of my boyfriend's cock on my breath."

"What?" said Jimmy.

"She whispered it, spitting each word, clearly," said Warren. "Like an old witch from Macbeth. I could hear the hate..."

"Fear," said Jimmy.

"No, hate," said Warren. "Two thousand years of blind, Christian faith oozing into my ear like poison."

Jimmy shrugged. "She didn't know any..."

Warren laughed. "I played with her son Domenic when we were made to share a bed together on holidays..."

"Do you think she knew that..."

"No," said Warren. "Not a chance."

"Domenic with the pregnant wife?" asked Jimmy, motioning his head towards the reception room behind them."

"Yeah," said Warren. "He was the instigator, he's a couple of years older than me."

"The whole world is gay," said Jimmy. "You know that, don't you."

"Crap," said Warren. "But you certainly won over old Greta."


Warren grabbed Jimmy, pushing him backwards against a car, kissing him. Warren's hand went up between Jimmy's legs as his tongue slipped into Jimmy's mouth. Jimmy moaned.

There was loud coughing. Aunt Nina and Uncle Leno.

Warren jumped away from Jimmy, who slid to the earth on his arse.

"Varren," said Leno's baritone.

All that was audible from Nina was tutting.

The two elders made a wide berth of their nephew and Jimmy.

"Good night," said Warren.

The two boys stood and sat in silence.


"I don't believe that," said Warren looking after his retreating relatives, as he slid to the ground next to Jimmy. "It's a sign." Warren looked at Jimmy. "Maybe he can smell it?" Warren looked back towards his retreating relatives. "I can't believe that."

"It was Uncle Leno?"

Warren looked at him with a faraway smile. Warren looked away. "In a bathing box at Mornington," said Warren. "He told me I was a big boy... and was asking if I could keep a secret... before I felt his hand slide into my speedos." Warren looked at Jimmy with tears in his eyes. "He pulled me off, with my uncles and aunties right outside the door."

"Oh," said Jimmy, hushed and quiet.

"It's all right, you see, I liked it," said Warren. "Wanted him to do it again. That was my torture." Tears rolled down Warren's face. "I wanted to, after that. But he turned me down. I wondered what I'd done wrong."

Jimmy hugged Warren. They were still. Jimmy kissed Warren's neck gently, he was salty and smooth. Jimmy nuzzled Warren's hair with his nose and breathed Warren in.

Warren pushed Jimmy away. "Come on, let’s get out of here."

Warren stood taking Jimmy by the hand


No comments: