Thursday, September 02, 2010

Happy Ever After


Boyfriends, they are like people, you know, they have feelings you have to take account of. Not thinking for one, now, hey? It's an adjustment, I'd forgotten. I guess Manny wasn't very demanding, in a lot of ways. Some may say, a joyous adjustment and I might agree in my lighter moments. Other times, I'm left thinking, do I really want this? But, I think that's healthy... let's leave "taking for granted" for a long way down the track.

Once you are thinking about them, when they are not around, you know you are a gonna.

Sam's funny. I'm not really the type who believes in happy ever after. I suspect he might be? He just looks at me sometimes with some of the things I think. Like Shane's recent birthday when we halves in a present (my friends just buy small gifts, a token. Sebastian gave Shane a potato masher) and I decided that we should both buy a card. Two cards, one present.

It's why I don't believe in gay marriage, because I don't believe in marriage at all. Nothing lasts forever, happily ever after doesn't exist, for the vast majority. It's a virtual myth enjoyed by a very few.

So, if you like, there are no rules. You can do what you like, make them up. That's what I think is real.

That's not to say that I don't believe in love. I do. The rest is just filler.

But, it is nice thinking about someone else, I had forgotten in three years. How quickly... hey? Someone who  who fits in your arms, snugly, who smells nice and tastes good, who makes you think, who makes you laugh, and, I guess, ultimately (following the logic) who makes you cry. It's all a part of the same experience. But, that rush, that giddiness, that inner glow, that smile, nothing quite takes its place.

Not that Sam and I call each other boyfriends, we don't. But, the possibility is nice. The possibility, that's what we all dream off, it doesn't matter who you are.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

will you just call a wedding? i think you've got the room sorted. stop dicing things to bits and just love. he is perfect for you.