Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Could Pretend I Wasn’t Upset About This

I took mum to, what would turn out to be, her last appointment with the Professor. He decided he could no longer see her and that her GP could look after her from now on. I guessed his job was to keep her out of a home. To tell you the truth, rightly or wrongly, I was glad as it is one less appointment I have to take her to.
Mum tried to convince him that she could go home to her own house, but he was emphatic in this not happening.
"No, it's not safe, you can't go home."

Mum was, some what, dramatic, as we walked back to the car.
“I might as well go and throw myself in the river.”
“What river? There are no rivers around here.”
“I’ll find one.”
I laughed at the ridiculousness of what she was saying. I perhaps shouldn’t have. But, really?


We drove back in silence and when we got to the home mum said,
“I’m not going to thank you.” She collected all of her belongings together in obvious anger.
“What do you mean?”
She opened the car door. “You are directly responsible for this and I never want to see you again.”
She got out and headed to the front door.

I could pretend I wasn’t upset about this, that it is just the disease, but it wouldn’t be true. I was stressed out and buzzing inside with disappointment. I decided the only thing I could do was go for a bike ride. And I did.
I decided this was the first ride of the summer with many more to come. Come on Christian, get yourself organised. You can do it.




Mark and Luke and Sam and I went to see Hairspray at the Princess. Instead of sets there was a big LED screen which filled the back of the stage. Initially, I thought this was going to be distracting, you know, like watching television, but it wasn't, I soon got used to it.
It was a great cast of singers, not a bad one amongst them, except perhaps Corny Collins.
Tevin Campbell, who plays Seaweed, can sing like a dream. What a voice.

No comments: