Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Feel Like The Flu Is Taking Over My Body

I feel like the flu is taking over my body bit by bit and I don’t feel like I want to do anything. Sam sits next to me and pats me and gets me herbal tea. He leaves after midday, saying he is going to leave me on the couch. I mean, how much fun is it for him to have me saying “Er” on the couch.

I think, after he has left, that I took two Mersyndol pretty soon after waking up and I wondered if it was them that I was feeling and not the debilitating effects of the flu?

Leah sent me a request to give her three examples of when I saw her at her "best" for her Masters Degree that she is doing.

What? We have a personal relationship where “at your best” doesn’t apply, I would have thought.

Blah, blah, blah.

Oh Leah, who cares, really? More wanky rubbish to further fuel the ridiculousness of the corporate world. The further justification of the self-important elite ruling over the masses.

I have no idea, let alone not a care.

How about, all those times you drank far too much and you vomited with me holding your hair out of your eye, off your face? Or, those moments when you wanted to fuck in your mother’s bed when we were on a break from uni and your mum was at work?

I thought about my work team building afternoon tea and thought that, maybe, I wasn't the one to ask.

I lay on the couch all day, with the fire burning, under the orange blanket, all day, feeling like semi-crap. If Sam’s test hadn’t come back negative and Shane, not to mention most of his office, hadn’t had the flu this last week, I’d be feeling concerned right about now.

I flicked on the Grand Final and watch it until about half time when I fall asleep. It got exciting in the second half, apparently.

David, Shane and Leon came home in the early evening. 

David had been talking to some bisexual guy at some party he’d been to about having sex with Maggie, his housemate. The general question in the air between the two of them was should he, when some sort of mallet, hanging on the wall next to them fell and hit David in the head. David took it as a positive sign – of course, he could read a positive sign into the Third Reich for the Jews if it suited his purposes – a wake up call.

He came home here and took frozen peas from the freezer and rested them on his head. He spilled peas everywhere before I said to him, “Isn’t there an, actual, ice pack in the freezer?”

“I don’t know,” he said. Then he went off and found it.

I've been finding frozen peas all over the house ever since.


No comments: