Sunday, September 19, 2010

Haze of Smoke

Sam arrived Friday, after the doctor. We've hung at home all weekend as the others partied around us. 

We head out to eat. He likes to go out, I like to get delivery.

"You are lazy," he says. 

We are trying a new eating house every time we go out, as I dared to suggest, once too often, the favourite I like going to. We went to Rice Queen, Asian influenced menu, not an Asian person in sight. It's kind of eastern suburbs kids cool. Nice. Fitzroy.

Sam’s never seen an old movie; pure twenty first century computer boy. So, we’re starting with my two favourites, Bette Davis and Paul Newman. Shane was still interstate working, house to ourselves.

We watched Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. Sam said it was creepy.

Shane arrived home from Brisbane, in the morning and went into party mode almost straight away, dropping his bags and heading straight out again to a new "contact". With his fingers crossed. 

"I hate leaving it this late, too dodgy." 

He was testing the stuff for the rest of the afternoon, in his room, pretty much. He was getting more and more wide eyed every time we saw him. Mark and Luke arrived. Guido stopped by and I got a little pot for a few joints. Don't know why, I hadn't planned to, spur of the moment. (despite this potentially being the first weekend that I haven't done it, therefore disproving Sam who says that I'm kidding myself about quitting, because I do it every weekend) But? Everyone else was going out partying. (Sad-eyed look, at Sam, as Guido puts the bag in my other hand) It was my reward for not having smoked for the last two weeks, I guess. What can I say? 

We made risotto for all the guys before they when to Beyond. Shane went out and bought the ingredients. Luke did most of it, even though I said I would. We smoked pot all night. Sam saw his first line, his first glass pipe, I should be proud. Yes babe, this is the Ben Cousin's doco. He laughed, wide eyed. He says he's never been exposed to this before. Trips and e's were consumed, with mutterings of them being crap now a days anyway.

Sam has never smoked anything until he met me. He'd never patted a cat, so it's not all bad.

They all went out with their arses hanging out. Big eyes, chewing.

We smoked pot and watched movies into the early morning hours.

A stoned 30 year old is a walking hard on. It started when we were fixing the down pipe and he was up the ladder and he dropped his pants. We fucked when we first woke up. I made coffee and I made him scrambled eggs, with the left over mushrooms from the risotto. That much of dating 101 I mastered. Various people passed through in varying stages of decrepitude, ghosts of evening past. We smoke pot with our breakfast with coffee. Sam gave me that look that said we'd be going to hell for this, then he took the joint from my hand. Shane disappears up stairs after breakfast and wasn't seen again. He picked up a 21 one year old version of Matt and was in love. Sam has this amazing effect when the pot hits him, he gets this particular coy smile and he gets as hard as a rock. I watched him pull himself off on the couch, in front of the open fire. He's hot. We smoked more pot and drifted back upstairs and he experienced his first butt-plug. Just dope, I swear.

I'm exhausted. Now I'm just waiting for Sebastian to come over and cook dinner. Captain Misery too, no doubt. He went to Beyond, if you get what I mean? I'm stoking the fire as I type. My head is spinning.

Sam left. "I'm sick of the marijuana, I'm going," doing his best mock-stern look. He looked at me with those knowing eyes. "Don't be a pig."

I'm going to have a sleep.

Pass out, fade to black.


No comments: