Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dinner at Home with the Gang

When I went upstairs to get my phone it was 11.11. Ah, 11.11? Funny thing that, still. I guess it will be with me for the rest of my life. All the literature on it says that I should feel how the world feels each time I see it. Maybe? Or, maybe I should just think that everything is right with the world as long as it continues to happen? I don’t know which. I have to say I find it comforting though, there is a kind of sense that the world is right, a comforting inevitability, or something.
We walked to have a Japanese lunch in Carlton, in Cardigan Street. I so love taking street photos and I saw a gorgeous shot outside a shop on the way. Hello Beautiful was written on the bluestones.
It was a lovely day for a walk through the Exhibition Gardens. The sun was shining.
Sam said not to get the curry, very keen about this he was. I think it was because we’d been eating our own Japanese curry. Or is it because he likes to call the shots? I’m not sure. 
The first day of us both being unemployed. Lovely.
Sam had realised by now that now was the perfect time for his White Goddess to visit. He planned to take a month off before returning to work. His eyes were sparkling every time he mentioned it, and he mentioned it often.
Okay, so much for just doing drugs at New Year as a treat, as something special. So much for not wanting a boyfriend who wants to do drugs every opportunity they get. So much for putting our relationship in jeopardy and our sex life in danger of becoming a wasteland without drugs, without being revved up on the stuff. So much for my noble ideas and lofty principles, hey?
Strangely, as is often the case, Mr Let’s do meth, Let’s do meth, let’s do meth, ad infinitum, is mute when it comes to asking the question of the person who can get it for him. I have to lead the horse to the water trough and then work his jawbones to ask the question.

Shane went to South Yarra to get the drugs. He said he’d go, just like that, we didn’t have to talk him into it or anything , he just agreed. His buddy, Pete, sells it out of his shop in South Yarra. He came back with change, as it was only $50 a point, which is really cheap. We should have go more instead of the cash, but Shane can’t think laterally, he can only follow orders.

LouLou arrived late in the afternoon, I was surprised she said late afternoon, but I guess she was excited, she was excited. She parked out the back. Her first sleep over, since the boys sold Bolago and moved up north. She bought pot and I started rolling almost immediately that she got there. You bet I did, I was excited to see my green goddess. And I kept rolling. Shane came home with some synthetic marijuana so when the real stuff ran out, I kept rolling with the fake. It was a bit hard to tell if the fake was any good, after getting stoned on the real stuff.
LouLou bought crème eater eggs. She bought a mountain of them. David was supposed to be coming over to go to Trough with Shane, so we thought we could give him some of the chocolate, maybe all. Piggy does as piggy does. I mean, I’m not judging anyone by standards I wouldn’t judge myself by. Fat David!

Anthony arrived with flowers, lovely. He came by taxi, he doesn’t drive much any more. Shane bought home a huge bottle of red wine, for every one to drink. But Anthony announced he couldn’t drink wine, it is his enemy now that he has given it up recently, and he headed to the shop to get beer.
Shane questioned the decision, which I thought was a little insensitive, as Anthony has been a complete piss pot on wine until recently, often starting to drink before lunch.
Stupid Shane.
Anthony had been keen to go out for dinner, but instead we cooked pasta. We cooked chorizo sausage sauce with white wine. Shane, of course, had his own special pasta. Everybody seemed to like it.
We watched Graham Norton. He's very funny, one of the great talk show compares, I think. And a big poof, which of course we like. He’s like sunshine in the afternoon, like a lovely friend.
We talked all night. 

No comments: