Monday, April 23, 2012

I Just Have To Get It Right, I Have No Choice

I’m off to South Melbourne for two days.
I was up at 7am, before Sam’s iPhone chimes. I ate muesli, Sam didn’t.
We walked into the city together. We stopped at BreadTop to buy Sam a bun. I wanted one too, he didn’t see why considering I had already eaten breakfast.

I bought a Miki. My first tram ride and I got off without touching off. Bugger. Maximum fare, apparently.
I caught a tram along Swanston Street. There was a huge crowd on the corner of Flinders Street, like a grand final crowd. Of course, I think is this what cost cutting has led to. Shane tells me later that Elizabeth Street was closed.
Weird old St Kila Road, the trams are packed heading into destination weirdsvillle.

I got to work at 8.45.

The salt mines, (name of company), are a nightmare. They have just taken over the project I am doing and they, literally, don't know what they are doing. They (name) continually told me the wrong thing… or I misunderstood her… or she is not very good with instructions… or, as I know is the case, she doesn’t really know herself. The woman instructing me, (name), while very nice, had a very strong accent and I can't understand her a lot of the time. And the paperwork has been sent from another office and it has been scanned so lightly that it is barely legible and I am having trouble reading any of it. Add to this that the previous person doing the work uses processes that are beyond any sort of understanding.

By 11am I was thinking, THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!
By lunchtime, I was wishing I wasn’t continuing with this assignment over the next month.
After lunch, I was thinking don’t be such a fucking pussy, pull this together and pull it off. Just pull it off.

No comments: