Monday, April 16, 2012

Long Slow Monday

It's been a long, slow day. Sam left at 7.30am. I think, I told him for the millionth time that I did have to go to work. He rubbed the excess moisturiser on my face, squeezing my cheeks hard at the end of it. He refused to tickle my feet, even though I pushed them out from under the doona and made adorable tickle-my-feet noises, which he says are try hard and annoying, or he says they are something like that.

Then I sat up in bed with plumped pillows, my lap top and my doona. And the morning disappeared, with three cups of brewed coffee.

Jack, the guy who allocates me my assignments has rung and initially I was pleased about that. A couple of days off would be nice, don't you think. But then I got to thinking why hasn't he called? Well, he is new and not very good at what he does and maybe, just maybe he has forgotten, or maybe it is a test. Please don't tell me I have to start calling him all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for work. Please don't tell me that? If I have to show enthusiasm and initiative to pick up assignments I'm screwed.

Then I called Steve the electrician who promised he would call me this morning to tell me what time he was coming today. The bastard wasn't answering his phone. Fucker! I called him at lunch time and by late afternoon he still hadn't called me back. Big, hunky Steve. Those shorts he always wears and those blond hair covered legs... which I have been waiting to see since March 01st. He promised he'd be here today? Do you reckon I'm ever going to see him to fix this fucking light. March 01st, April 16th?

It hasn't felt like a um, how do I put it, an enjoyable day off, not so much. I think I'm in work mode now? I kinda didn't feel so relaxed. I kinda felt like I should have been doing something else all day.

I just poured a glass of wine, you know, to relax into the day. Is that bad? 4.30pm?

I might play with some boy photos.

 

No comments: