Friday, May 18, 2012

It's cold isn't it?



It was cold this morning. I sat here wrapped in a blanket. Brrrrrr! I was looking at the cold fireplace, the grey coals, the colour of death. I had no fire lighters left with which to light a fire. Grrrr! I shivered. I thought about going back to bed.

So it was get off your arse and walk to the supermarket. Oh really... brrrr! I shivered again. Surely there is some kind of delivery service?

No? Oh!

I'm always criticising my housemates for not being able to light fires. I lived with two country boys who couldn't chop wood, Shane being one of them. It is really not that hard a concept. I'm a city boy and nobody had to teach me. 

So, let's not be a hypocrite. 

Yes, indeed, I thought. I would never survive in the wild with that kind of attitude. Dead and pecked by birds before the day was over, before the long shadows reached the horizon to form dusk. So, I found some sticks and I found some old newspaper and whoosh! A fire. Just like that. Easy peasy.

Maybe I would survive in the wild. Ha ha.

No comments: