Friday, May 25, 2012

Life Is All About Playing Games





I text Jill and David as I walked briskly along Gertrude Street towards the post office this morning to pay the bills finally.

Jill, “Good morning Potato. Isn’t it a lovely day,” – christian

David, “Good morning, you fat slag,” – christian

“Darling, did you catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror?” – David

“No, it was you, honey. A fat girl in black tights in Gertrude Street.” – christian


I’ve decided that I must keep in more contact with Jill, even if it is just sms’ in the morning.

I’ve also got to stop worrying about losing Shane as a friend. Friends come and friends go and it’s not by hanging on tight to them that you keep them as friends. Some times, you have to let them go.


Ah, the bills. With last week wiped out completely and then having to work for the first 3 days of this week, I got behind with my bill paying. I finally paid them this morning, as I seem to remember myself complaining to the nice man behind the counter about my fingers and how they weren’t working in the cold.

“It’s odd because I’m usually good with the cold.”

Shane is almost pathological about paying the bills after I have paid them. It is almost like he uses me as a benchmark, because he isn’t that capable to work it out himself. I seem to say to him at least 5 times that bills need to be paid, before he will pay them as late as he can. And it almost always has been after he can see the evidence that I have paid them. Well, as you will have already guessed, this drives me to distraction. He is making me responsible for his bill paying.

So, now I keep telling him to pay them, irrespective of whether I have paid them or not. And now when I pay them, I put the bills back on the kitchen bench, minus the evidence of my payment, I now remove the receipt. He always never pays them until one of the reminders comes, so I store one of the originals with the receipt attached. I leave the other original on the kitchen bench, with the third copy that has come with Overdue written in bold letters on it.

Superior September Virgos thrive on these sorts of mind games, it’s what makes life interesting. I’m not sure if inferior, August Virgos cope quite so well.

No comments: