Saturday, May 26, 2012

Shopping





Sam woke up singing a chorus of Shopping, shopping, shopping. Shopping, shopping, shopping.

We were off on a Saturday morning shopping expedition. We smoked a joint before we left, much to Sam’s lip pursed disapproval.

As we walked up Gertrude Street, I decided that I would buy some rolly papers at the shop. Shane only ever seems to buy one packet at a time. I know, I know, it is such a large investment, one has to be careful. I mean, you couldn’t possibly be expected to think to stock up at 60 cents a packet, now could you, especially when there is, actually, no substitute.

I walked into the milkbar, asked for a packet of Venti’s and then promptly pulled my mouse from my back pocket.

Sam raised his hands in the air and gave me “that” look. He, of course, said something about me being stone.

“Oh yes, lovely! Mari does you the world of good, mmm, mmm, mmm!”

I was a little baffled initially. But, when I went to bed last night, I collected up all of my stuff as per usual. What I thought was my wallet in the back wallet pocket of my jeans, was, in fact, my mouse. This morning, when I pulled on the same pair of jeans, I still thought the lump in my back right hand side pocket was my wallet.

I was momentarily bamboozled when, at the counter of the milk bar I was looking at some shiny and white which was supposed to be matt black.


We went to QV, we waited out side the door of Harvey Norman with all the other Super Saturday shoppers. We were there to buy iTunes cards. Pay $20 and you get $40 cards. Sam was going to get his new Apple operating system for 50% off and apps and music for half price. We hadn’t had breakfast, so I went to get Breadtop buns and coffee. All the other’s in line look longingly at our food, seemingly sniffing into the air for the aroma of our coffee.

The doors opened and we charged in like I have seen happen on the TV for stock taking sales. We were first in line at the counter and our mission was completed within minutes. We had a look at the phones, which seemed to be a good deal, but while Sam says I need new phones, I’m not completely convinced.

As we headed out the door, the queue for the iTunes cards stretched halfway across the shop.

Then we headed to Myer for new cookware. Apparently, they were having a 40% off sale. I’m not sure how Sam knows these things. We bought a scanpan frying pan and woke. Essentially, we paid for both what one the wok would usually cost on its own.

We ate Indonesian in Swanston Street, at some café that Sam used to go to when he was a student. The woman owner remembered him. Really? I guess that is why she is successful. How many years has it been?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We purchased a scanpan skillet and automobile. Basically, we compensated for both what one the wok would usually price on its own.

Fashion Necklaces

Anonymous said...

I was gone to find the bread top buns and tea. Every other’s in line see groaningly at own food, appears inhaling into the wind for the flavor of our tea.

womens designer clothing boutique