Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Movie and Food

The sun is shining, it is a glorious day. Blue skies and crisp, clean air so it would seem from my vantage point under the doona, as I open an eye and crane my head just slightly to see what the morning is offering.


I woke late, 10am and lay uneasily in the warmth of my bed. I don’t know why, but several times in the process of waking I wondered if I should be somewhere, work wise. I wondered if I had forgotten an assignment. I rolled my head over and looked at Sam. He smiled, so did I.


We made Chinese pancakes. Flour, water, spring onions, oil. Mix them up, kneed them, twist them and kneed them again. They puff up almost like papadums when they cook and they have the consistency of roti when down. Soy sauce and chilli to dip them in. Lovely. Strong coffee. What else is there to do with one’s life, I ask you?


We talked about going bike riding. We walked down to Smith Street and bought pork rolls instead.





We went to see The Avengers at Melbourne Central. We both agree we think Hawkeye is the hottest. I don't know if it was the black outfit, but it looked good on him. And those eyes, blue, very nice.

The movie was okay. A bit formula, heroes journey and all of that. The story was predictable and not so interesting. It is big and loud and fast, thought, as you would expect. And of course, the special effects are supposed to make up for the many holes in the storyline. Still, the boys are cute to look at.

No comments: